Portable faucet that delivers running water from any bucket
In most of the underdeveloped countries, use of contaminated water is still a main cause of water bound diseases and related fatalities. It is not so much because of unavailability of water, but more because of unhealthy ways of using water. Now, to address the issue designers for James Dyson Award have designed the Balde a Balde – a portable faucet that works handsomely to deliver running water from any bucket, large or small. Washing hands can prevent twice as many waterborne deaths as clean water. But children and adults in this area skip washing hands because pouring of water from large containers using pitchers is difficult, thus exposing themselves to diseases caused due to water contamination. This is where the Balde a Balde can be a boon in every household.
The Balde a Balde which is in the testing phase is a cost effective and innovative way for households with piped connections to reap benefits of running water. The make shift faucet makes it easier and convenient for children and adults to wash hands, and for women to do the dishes and wash clothes under running water. The Balde a Balde has a long pipe with a siphon pump which is to be squeezed to initiate a continuous flow of water, while tapping on the spout turns the water on and off. Like the normal tap, by twisting the valve a user can regulate the volume of water. The faucet can be attached to any water container courtesy a universal clip.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Eight off-grid capsule homes that promote green living - June 2, 2015
- Seven most exquisite examples of wearable furniture - May 19, 2015
- One of a kind Iron Man inspired Mark IV watch winder by Buben & Zorweg - May 6, 2015
- Company behind Clean Master app delivers smart air filter for homes - November 3, 2014
- Ultimate butter knife with built-in grater solves breakfast blues - August 22, 2014