Many of us geeks have been thrilled by those pop culture sci-fi concoctions of automatic doors whizzing up and down by just authenticating your facial entity. However, in this year’s CES, that long held high-tech fueled dream did come true with the ‘Stone Lock’ technology from Coprometro USA. Touted with a tagline of ‘the most accurate instant biometric authentication solution in the world’, the fascinating scope goes practically beyond the science fiction ambit. In fact, it poses as a convenient solution to many modern day scenarios.
One of the apt examples of Stone Lock’s application would be our contemporary research facilities. You no longer have to fumble with your door keys, as the smart infrared based technology could easily authenticate your face and let you to instantly access any particular room (based upon your clearance level). Of course, nobody claimed awesomeness comes cheap. In this regard, each package would come for a whopping $10,000.
However, on the bright side, the technology is still in its developmental stage. Once it is made commercially available (and thus its pricing is substantially reduced), the security software could be carried even in our USB sticks for accessing everyday electronic devices like laptops and tablets.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013