CES 2013: Finally, a self adjusting ‘smart’ pillow for all the fans of deep sleep!
It is impressive (and sometimes frightening) when we think about how technology is gradually making its foray into every aspect of our lives, starting from planning our grocery list to cleaning our dirty swimming pools. In this regard, we have come across the ‘intelliPillow’, a smart pillow from Innvo Labs that automatically adjusts and changes its form as per your cushioning convenience. Nap buffs should get a peaceful sleeping session out of this, given that they do not have to manually fluff the pillow for resting their heads.
Coming to the working part of the conception, the pillow has an array of inflatable chambers inside its bearing. These chambers are in turn connected to a silent compressor, which can be kept under your bed. There is also a separate mat (presumably with sensors) which covers your mattress. So, when you make movements in the bed like shifting from lying on your back to lying to your side, the mat detects your position and sends the signals to the pump and the pillow. And, thus the compressor supplies the adequate amount of air to the corresponding air bladders, which automatically shapes your pillow.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013