Whoever thought cardboard could be so funky? Chairigami (yes; a portmanteau of chair and origami) has concocted a line of furniture pieces that are exclusively crafted from only cardboard materials. The results are as expected unique and more importantly low carbon in nature. And, as far as the commercialism goes, the range includes a plethora of items including coffee tables, chairs, shelves, desks, lounge chairs and even your iPhone stands and covers.
Cardboard used in this furniture line (the corrugated fiberboard variety which is a paper-based material consisting of a fluted corrugated sheet and one or two flat liner boards) is heavy duty by virtue of their manufacturing process and usage patterns. In this regard, the structural sturdiness of the furniture pieces are maintained with minimum of constructional costs.
Moreover, the designers have also integrated apt ergonomic features for each individual item, thus alluding to the user convenience. For example, the desk chair item from Chairigami is ‘designed to promote good posture and reduce back pain.’ This means that depending upon your usage pattern, the form of the chair will gradually conform to your personal posture for a comfortable seating session.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013
- New York’s costliest condo exhibits its ‘centerpiece’ sculptural staircase - November 23, 2013