If you have missed it as the CES, here’s your chance to catch-up on the nitty-gritty of the Almond+ – a successor to Securifi’s Almond home wireless router, as the Almond+ hits crowd funding website Kickstarter. Trying to raise some funds to jump from concept to production, the Almond+ is world’s first touchscreen Wi-Fi Router which also doubles as a smart home hub. The amazing feat about the Almond+ is that it can setup entirely from its built-in touchscreen without the need for a PC or Mac or CD.
Another awesome and noteworthy thing about the Almond+ is that besides being one of the fastest wireless routers (1.17Gb/s), it also works as a cool smart home controller that lets you control all the electronics from this one device. The router is equipped with ZigBee and Z-Wave so that it can support hundreds of available sensors in the market – making it one heck of a smart home hub.
The Almond+ is expected to retail for $99 once it hits the market. So, if you think there is something worthy in the Almond+ and it should make it to your home one day, then visit its Kickstarter page and pledge some cash to help it become real. Hit the jump to see a video.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- LiftEye virtual window for elevators will transform passenger experience - April 15, 2014
- Complete high-tech kitchen hidden inside a luxury table [Video] - April 15, 2014
- Lake-side Urban Treehouse in Berlin can be rented for $220 a night - April 14, 2014
- MIT’s Transform table lays foundation for innovative shape-shifting furniture - April 14, 2014
- Enjoy fascinating water vortex within Axor Starck V transparent faucet - April 11, 2014