If you have missed it as the CES, here’s your chance to catch-up on the nitty-gritty of the Almond+ – a successor to Securifi’s Almond home wireless router, as the Almond+ hits crowd funding website Kickstarter. Trying to raise some funds to jump from concept to production, the Almond+ is world’s first touchscreen Wi-Fi Router which also doubles as a smart home hub. The amazing feat about the Almond+ is that it can setup entirely from its built-in touchscreen without the need for a PC or Mac or CD.
Another awesome and noteworthy thing about the Almond+ is that besides being one of the fastest wireless routers (1.17Gb/s), it also works as a cool smart home controller that lets you control all the electronics from this one device. The router is equipped with ZigBee and Z-Wave so that it can support hundreds of available sensors in the market – making it one heck of a smart home hub.
The Almond+ is expected to retail for $99 once it hits the market. So, if you think there is something worthy in the Almond+ and it should make it to your home one day, then visit its Kickstarter page and pledge some cash to help it become real. Hit the jump to see a video.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Fully livable and mobile Maine Bus guest cottage, being guest was never more fun - March 10, 2014
- Sou Fujimoto to build White Tree residential building in France - March 10, 2014
- Makkink & Bey’s lightweight, expandable and foldable furniture you can travel with - March 8, 2014
- iPhone-controlled Miracle Machine lets you make your own wine at home - March 7, 2014
- Ulisse Dining queen space-saving wall bed with dining table - March 7, 2014