Recycled Kork tables and lighting fixture made from cork
Creation of household items from scrap is a trend that has added to the sustainability and going green attitude of many homeowners across the globe. Treading on the path, Belgium-based Twodesigners have created Kork tables and lighting fixture from cork. Yes, you read that correct – the entire family of objects made to represent the connection of different objects is made from recycled cork gathered from waste of wine corks. Each item, be it the table with three connected legs, the low table or hanging light pendants (which comprise of the family of objects by Twodesigners), each object has its own visual and functional identity.
Each of these furniture and lighting pieces are made from steel strapping around the cork. The elastic properties of cork permit the strapping to stick on to the cork without the screws and adhesives, and add up to the object’s mechanical solidity. Kork tables and lighting is really impressive and can make for great furniture or lighting of any household.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Five best green vacuum cleaners - July 28, 2014
- Five green lawn mowers guaranteeing effortless mowing - July 17, 2014
- Five Green daybeds to curl up in comfort - July 16, 2014
- Goal Zero Lighthouse250 Lantern powers gadgets too - June 25, 2014
- Star Trek-themed palatial home in Florida for grabs at $35 million - May 16, 2014