Creation of household items from scrap is a trend that has added to the sustainability and going green attitude of many homeowners across the globe. Treading on the path, Belgium-based Twodesigners have created Kork tables and lighting fixture from cork. Yes, you read that correct – the entire family of objects made to represent the connection of different objects is made from recycled cork gathered from waste of wine corks. Each item, be it the table with three connected legs, the low table or hanging light pendants (which comprise of the family of objects by Twodesigners), each object has its own visual and functional identity.
Each of these furniture and lighting pieces are made from steel strapping around the cork. The elastic properties of cork permit the strapping to stick on to the cork without the screws and adhesives, and add up to the object’s mechanical solidity. Kork tables and lighting is really impressive and can make for great furniture or lighting of any household.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- LiftEye virtual window for elevators will transform passenger experience - April 15, 2014
- Complete high-tech kitchen hidden inside a luxury table [Video] - April 15, 2014
- Lake-side Urban Treehouse in Berlin can be rented for $220 a night - April 14, 2014
- MIT’s Transform table lays foundation for innovative shape-shifting furniture - April 14, 2014
- Enjoy fascinating water vortex within Axor Starck V transparent faucet - April 11, 2014