Diana Dumitrescu dazzles us with her jet black light bulbs
It was only yesterday when we were harping about the soft glow of cherry blossom LEDs. And, today we have come across something that is in poetic contrast to the blush of light pink. We are talking about designer Diana Dumitrescu‘s black tinted light bulbs. As their description suggests, these fascinating conceptions are draped in mesmerizing black, and then given a glossy finish. Of course, the striking visual essence doesn’t end there, but also carries on to their uniquely designed quality.
The bulb collection can be broadly divided into two model types – one of them is presented as a simplistic lighting mechanism covered in a vague ‘molecular’ structure of thin metallic rods, while the other model is wondrously shaped into an exquisite form. In regard to the second variety, we do dig the collective arrangement, where a bevy of bulbs are seemingly projecting from one point in a flower-esque pattern (as seen in the left side of the above image).
However, at the end of the day, a bulb is ultimately all about lighting. And, this is where the black bulbs take a different course by radiating UV rays that are invisible to the human eye. Do not despair yet; as it is not one of those artsy stunts being pulled on you. This radiation in a practical scope creates the effect of fluorescence, which in turn is actually accentuated by the jet black color scheme of the bulbs.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013