Gidlööf Original’s furniture line combines the essence of both old and new
We are surely seeing a trend in home decor which alludes to the fusion of old and new. This progression is genuinely iterated by the classy furniture collection from Barcelona-based Gidlööf Originals. With their architectural credentials and experience in running a shop that sells mid-19th century furniture, the designers have no doubt found the right aesthetic balance. And, this visual essence carries on to every item of the collection starting from chairs, coffee tables to lamps and even wall mounted mobile phone shelves.
The project utilizes mainly natural materials that include chestnut wood, brass, leather and cotton. The chestnut wood is especially prevalent as the main frame of many furniture pieces (as we can see from the above pictured Arne armchair). This ‘un-pretentiousness’ of natural wood is further simplified with unobtrusive lines defining the overall form of the chair and other items. These items include the Emmsen trolley in which the wheels are hidden quite deftly, the minimalist Helebro lamp with fascinating linearity and lastly the bantam Tiagosen wall-mounted support for cells phones that conveniently also holds your charger. All of these designs can be directly purchased through the manufacturer’s site.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013