Resourcefulness and recycled – these are two crucial aspects that define the fascinating ‘wine barrel’ coffee table. Conceived by Michael Weiss, the base of the table has been painstakingly crafted from an authentic and large Napa valley wine barrel. And, since we are talking about authenticity, the purist flavor is further accentuated by the real steel rings around the top and bottom section of the salvaged barrel.
Visually, it is the cylindrical symmetry that gives an affluent bearing to the whole table. In this regard, its almost seems that the gracefully bulging barrel was tailored for the table support. Moreover, the ‘bare bones’ nature of the base makes the table lightweight yet sturdy enough (given its oak wood credentials).
Finally, coming to the whole commercial scope, the designer assures us that the same design pattern is likewise used in other furniture items of his creation, including side tables and dining tables. The upper glass cover can also be customized as per the requirement of the user.
Price range (for the coffee table) - $500 – $550
Dimensions (of the coffee table) - 18-inch (height) x 32-inch (wide), with glass top 42-inch (wide).
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013
- New York’s costliest condo exhibits its ‘centerpiece’ sculptural staircase - November 23, 2013