Teresa Sapey’s ADAM & EVE collection of ‘sculptural’ items illuminated by LEDs
There is no denying the luminous impact of LEDs on the ‘sculptural’ designs of our contemporary era. This trend is aptly presented by the ADAM & EVE, a unique collection of stools, coffee tables and light planters designed by Teresa Sapey for Vondom. Shaped in the forms of a face with sharp features, the overall upright bearing is nigh evocative of the ‘moai’ (the stone statues) of Easter Islands. However, in this regard, the creators went with a more modern material of linear low density polyethylene instead of bulky stone. Polyethylene obviously serves as a light-weight yet sturdy alternative; but more importantly, it has that translucent quality that allows the subdued glow effect of the LEDs inside it.
And, since we are talking about LEDs, the ADAM & EVE will use a RGB LED option which can be remotely controlled with seven programmable colors. These colors can be presented in a dynamic manner with automatic alterations, and also in an old fashioned static way that upholds the sculptural value of the collection.
Finally, coming to its structural scope, the ADAM & EVE collection has been crafted in rotational molding process, thus endowing it with uniform details on all sides. Furthermore, the conception is very hardy given its polyethylene credentials. Such design considerations make the sculptural line pretty resistant to extreme temperatures (-60 º C to +80 º C) and UV rays, allowing it to be showcased even in the outdoors.
Pricing – In range of 144 euros ($189) to 359 euros ($470). For more details check this link.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013