This is not the first time we have come across multi-purpose furniture systems, and hopefully this won’t be the last time. However, what separates the above pictured ‘Bike All’ shelf from other ‘collective’ furniture items is that it involves the scope of a full fledged bike. Envisaged as a bike parking system that also doubles up as a shelf, the unique arrangement was conceived by Colorado based ‘Board by Design’. The parking system itself utilizes the common element of saddle found in every bike. So, basically the user has to just push the saddle into the lower wooden loop, thus ‘locking’ the bike with the Bike All component. Additionally there are two hooks hanging from this loop that can used for keeping your helmet, hat or even satchels.
The furniture part of the conception entails the top section that comprises of an open shelf. This storage space can be used for keeping books, decor items and even other bike oriented stuff one could need on a long ride. There is also a separate receptacle on this top facade for our cell phone/MP3 charger cord. And, finally as for usability, the company provides the user with all the mounting hardware that makes it easy to install the all-wooden ’Bike All’ shelf.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013
- New York’s costliest condo exhibits its ‘centerpiece’ sculptural staircase - November 23, 2013