Italian brand Smeg has been known for over 60 years in the field of upscale domestic appliances. While, Italy’s numero uno automobile manufacturer Fiat requires no introduction to design enthusiasts. And, now the two exalted companies have joined hands (quite unexpectedly) to create the classy ‘Smeg 500′, a mini fridge that remarkably replicates the front facade of the celebrated Fiat 500 model. Having a capacity of 100L, the access to the fridge is smartly achieved by opening the hood. And, once we have popped the hood, the inside panels exhibit the authentic design language of the original car. Of course, beyond just the visual quotient, the instrument panel can also be used for controlling the fridge. Unfortunately, we do not yet have any word on the conception’s commercial availability. Anyhow, the Smeg 500 mini fridge will be showcased at collete (Paris) from 27th May.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013
- New York’s costliest condo exhibits its ‘centerpiece’ sculptural staircase - November 23, 2013