Tilt, the internationally renowned French graffiti artist, recently found a new avenue for exploring his artwork – furniture design. He teamed up with Amaze, the France based furniture workshop and created the incredible Alix Sofa. This piece of furniture is truly iconic and exhibits the artist’s signature layers of graffiti in its bold design. The artist re-imagined the sofa as a typical piece of art where he combined statement, style and quality. His brilliant work of art contributed to a design led functional furniture. This gorgeous sofa is produced in a limited edition.
When looked from behind, the sofa appears like a grand piece of street art by the graffiti artist in the shape of some hieroglyph in an expressive ballooning font. But, when viewed from the front side, it reveals itself as a functional and luxurious furniture piece. The clean wooden framework strikingly contrasts with the magnificent leather padding, which is further enhanced by the bold monochrome palette. Master craftsmen laboriously worked for over 752 hours to turn Tilt’s imagination into reality. If this is hard for you to believe, then count the 266 buttons of Alix’s hand sewn buttons.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- The Infinito is a modular seating system that is comfortable and can adapt to your needs - December 5, 2013
- Sublimation speaker by Kebei Li is a redesign of Beo Play A9 - December 4, 2013
- Custom Felted Cat Bed provides cozy place for your kitty to sleep - December 3, 2013
- Goldee Smart Light Switch controls the ambient light levels and also the hue of light - December 1, 2013
- Giant Cat Couch By Unfold is a massive cat sculpture - November 30, 2013