Tilt, the internationally renowned French graffiti artist, recently found a new avenue for exploring his artwork – furniture design. He teamed up with Amaze, the France based furniture workshop and created the incredible Alix Sofa. This piece of furniture is truly iconic and exhibits the artist’s signature layers of graffiti in its bold design. The artist re-imagined the sofa as a typical piece of art where he combined statement, style and quality. His brilliant work of art contributed to a design led functional furniture. This gorgeous sofa is produced in a limited edition.
When looked from behind, the sofa appears like a grand piece of street art by the graffiti artist in the shape of some hieroglyph in an expressive ballooning font. But, when viewed from the front side, it reveals itself as a functional and luxurious furniture piece. The clean wooden framework strikingly contrasts with the magnificent leather padding, which is further enhanced by the bold monochrome palette. Master craftsmen laboriously worked for over 752 hours to turn Tilt’s imagination into reality. If this is hard for you to believe, then count the 266 buttons of Alix’s hand sewn buttons.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- BentGrass air filter cleans air, emits natural scents - April 24, 2014
- Protrude tray will extend beyond the table but never fall off - April 22, 2014
- Light from YOY studio casts a lamp shade silhouette on the wall - April 21, 2014
- Superlambi Chair is smart multipurpose furniture unit for small apartments - April 21, 2014
- Lui Cat Scratcher by Modko makes lounging and scratching so much fun - April 19, 2014