The multi-purpose nature of furniture items is always borne out of some deft engineering considerations. This is aptly proven by a quite unconventional item rarely used in our home decor – a keyboard stand. Designed by François Chambard of UM Project for keyboard-player Mikael Jorgensen of band Wilco, the UMJ-1 custom keyboard stand is not just another support mechanism. It remarkably doubles up as a carrying case for the keyboard, while also transforming into a table during off-tour hours.
Effortless assembly is the name of the game, when it comes to the core practicality of the UMJ-1 custom keyboard stand. In this regard, the two-tiered structure of the stand features height adjustments and angling along with easily ‘foldable’ support legs. These legs are also crafted from sturdy timber components, thus upholding the solidity of the arrangement.
The UMJ-1 custom keyboard stand also comes with a separate bench upholstered in a bright red. In fact, the design language of both these items match on a simplistic level to pose as a furniture set entirely dedicated to the keyboard player.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013