Audiophile’s $40,000 Lacrima Speakers to blow away your audio senses!
Does the above pictured exotic looking tear drop shaped speaker system entice your audio senses? Well, then shell out $40,000, and those babies will be yours forever! That is because those gorgeously curvaceous devices are Audiophile’s very own four-way Lacrima Speakers that supposedly produce the most stable acoustic sweet spot of all speaker systems in the world.
Crafted from a slew of striking materials like quasi-isotropic glass, reinforced plastic and a lightweight balsa core, the elegant Lacrima was also painstakingly finished by hands in a multitude of layers of high-body primer, pigment, clear lacquer and two coats of wax. And, if that was not enough, the whole 91 pound contraption (with dimensions of 45 3/4″ H x 13 1/2″ W x 22 3/4″ D) was then completely hand polished to emanate the ethereal glaze.
However, it is not only the visual scope that tickles our fancy. According to the creators, the unique tear drop shape “produces broad, horizontal sound dispersion” throughout an enclosed space, while at the same time mitigating distortions caused by closed spaced reflections. The shape continues to play its role in defining the sound quality with the tapering tubes exclusively designed to dampen unwanted sound coloration and resonance, thus resulting in a crisp output. Finally, the cochlear shaped cabinet helps in absorbing many excess sound effects which ultimately endows a more refined bass.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013