With the advent of E-books and high dependence on gadgets like the e-book rearders, tablets and even smartphones for that matter, use books have steadily begun to fade away. While we are stocking those bookshelves and stores with books that we rarely use, there are designers like Michael Bom, who are giving old books a new shape. Dutch designer Michael Bom of Bomdesign believes old books have a new life, a reason he has mastered the art of designing Booklamps. Michael has been designing Booklamps since 2004 and his best know Booklamp is the Atlas pendent he created in 2005.
Michael Bom’s new series of Booklamps are in two designs – the Euro 425 Equinox and the Euro 575 Orbit. While the Equinox is a table lamp which can also be hung on the wall, the Orbit is dedicatedly a hanging lamp. Both these Booklamps are made with atlases, because Michael believes an atlas is the best to work with given it colorful pages and size. The Booklamps are great pieces of décor that’ll give your boring house a warm and colorful look.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Boat storage remodeled into an ultimate weekend home in Washington - March 11, 2014
- iPad-controlled, solar-powered mansion in California up for grabs at $22M - March 11, 2014
- Fully livable and mobile Maine Bus guest cottage, being guest was never more fun - March 10, 2014
- Sou Fujimoto to build White Tree residential building in France - March 10, 2014
- Makkink & Bey’s lightweight, expandable and foldable furniture you can travel with - March 8, 2014