We often use a plank of wood to create some furniture item, but who would have thought that a wooden plank could be used to create a light fixture too. The team of two Swedish designers Frida Ottemo Fröberg and Marie-Louise Gustafsson has created a lighting object christened the ‘Plank’ by making use of pure, raw wooden planks. The Plank lighting fixture appears to be like a delivery pallet. It can be used as a simple pendant, a wall or floor lamp to provide direct or guided light in a limited space in a room. Two wooden planks sandwich a series of dimmable LEDs in between them to emit wonderful light.
This lighting object ensures sustainability and eco-friendliness in its entire character. ‘Plank’ is available in two different wood types – one of them is made in rough cut light colored poplar wood planks, while the other is created by making use of brown surfaced Kebony SYP (Southern yellow pine) wood. The wooden planks are left unfinished to reveal the natural wood marks that are formed during handling and production.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- The Infinito is a modular seating system that is comfortable and can adapt to your needs - December 5, 2013
- Sublimation speaker by Kebei Li is a redesign of Beo Play A9 - December 4, 2013
- Custom Felted Cat Bed provides cozy place for your kitty to sleep - December 3, 2013
- Goldee Smart Light Switch controls the ambient light levels and also the hue of light - December 1, 2013
- Giant Cat Couch By Unfold is a massive cat sculpture - November 30, 2013