Nohot cup prevents user from being scalded by hot beverages
Very often it has been seen that people who like to drink hot beverages like tea or coffee are scalded by the hot drink in the cup. Of course, they expect the beverage to be hot but not lava hot that could burn their mouth. Even you might have burned your lips sometimes in the same way. But, with this new invention of the heat sensitive cup, the surprise of a scorching hot sip would no longer be a problem.
Dubbed as the Nohot cup, it includes a heat sensitive material on its lid. Whenever the hot liquid inside the cup strikes a temperature of or more than eighty degree Celsius, the material inside the lid reacts and swell up like a bubble. If you try to drink the beverage, the swollen bubble will hit the nose and stop you from drinking the extremely hot beverage. When the temperature of the drink reduces to sixty degrees, the sensitive material shrinks and thus indicates that the liquid is drinkable hot. This brilliant idea is a collective effort of a team of industrial designers Yang Dongyun, Wu Yichen, Sang Xinxin, GU Zhiyu, and Lin Xia which has fetched them famous ‘Red Dot Design Award’ in 2012.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- Converge docking station can charge four devices at a time - July 28, 2014
- Radis Rocker DON with footrest matches any contemporary decor - July 19, 2014
- Kettal Mesh Collection – Outdoor furniture with a catchy visual contrast - July 18, 2014
- KAST Concrete Knobs provide an industrial look to your existing furniture - July 17, 2014
- Smartphone controlled Monolyth lends your air conditioner an intelligent brain - July 15, 2014