Novelty is a crucial factor that sets apart a modern day, innovative design from the flock of banal conceptions. Czech design studio Aura Design seems to follow this simple dictum, as is evident from the above pictured light bulb ‘Edie’. At the first instance it may look like an ordinary light component; but on closer inspection we can see that the bulb is actually suspended in a liquid. So, when illuminated, the light path gets refracted through the liquid layers to produce an ethereal halo-like glow that is unquestionably enticing to behold.
However, the scope of enticement doesn’t end with the novel illumination features. On second thoughts, Edie also poses as an sculptural object with multiple mirror-like facades when the light is not switched on. Furthermore, the designers have left us with a bevy of sketches (see below) that showcase the variant types of ‘avant garde’ forms the conception can have to complement your contemporary home decor.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013