Poyke – A charming work stool with adjustable seats
Adjustability meets simplicity in the ‘Poyke’, a charming work stool with three separate seats. These vibrantly colored seats are modifiable height-wise and also position-wise, thus making the conception a hybrid bench with multi-purpose features. For example, the vertical adjustable nature of the seats allows people of different heights to easily adapt to their seating position. While the horizontal adjustable scope (that is positional adjustment) of these same seats makes the Poyke practical for different scenarios – like using it as a collective chair for those two-people piano playing sessions, or moving to one side and using the other seats as a platform for keeping your foods and drinks.
The lower support of the Poyke comprising of the legs, rails and height adjustment system is crafted from sturdy metal to maintain the structural integrity of the furniture. The upper seats on the other hand are made from wood and then draped in vivacious hues of primary colored paints. This unpretentiously linear juxtaposition of timber and metal further notches up on the industrial look, highly reminiscent of the Modernist style where ‘form follows function’.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013