Origami folding lamp Belt + Sound is folded into shape by hand
Origami is probably one of the finest ways to create your own little things at home. Case in point is the Belt + Sound folding lamp conceived by Hamburg-based studio Mirco Kirsch. Made from a single sheet of perforated metal, the lamp can be folded into shape by hand, thanks to the pre-assembled electrical components and light fixtures provided and the indentation on the metal sheet indicating pattern in which the lamp is to be folded. The entire folding, or assembling process, takes at most five minutes to finish.
Besides being marked with pattern to fold, the metal sheet surface coating is really strong, it is capable of adequate temperature resistance and can withstand tight bends of up to 180 degrees (in the folding process) without breaking. The lamps come in various colors, but cannot be combined with other textile cables.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Five best green vacuum cleaners - July 28, 2014
- Five green lawn mowers guaranteeing effortless mowing - July 17, 2014
- Five Green daybeds to curl up in comfort - July 16, 2014
- Goal Zero Lighthouse250 Lantern powers gadgets too - June 25, 2014
- Star Trek-themed palatial home in Florida for grabs at $35 million - May 16, 2014