Wooden cabinet with built-in fireplace and a wine cooler
Being fascinated with multipurpose furniture, I am sure most of you homeowners would have used a piece of furniture or a wall unit, which can be used to store a TV set, accommodate your music devices and DVD library, and can also function as a bookcase and display unit for small art pieces? Well, drawing inspiration from a wall unit of sorts, Glenn Ward of Eidos Design Studio in Waterloo, Ontario, has teamed up with Toronto-based designer Phillip Tayler to build ‘Fire and Ice’ – a wooden cabinet with a built-in fireplace and a wine cooler.
The fireplace within the cabinet burns methel hydrate or Methanol as fuel, which means, the fireplace requires no exhaust – as the fuel used burns clean. Priced at $6,500 to $6,800, the 78”H x 30” D x 55” W cabinet has a wine cellar/fridge sitting right bellow the fireplace. Stuff all bottle in there and place the glasses very neatly on the shelves on the sides of the cabinet.
Latest posts by Bharat (see all)
- Five best green vacuum cleaners - July 28, 2014
- Five green lawn mowers guaranteeing effortless mowing - July 17, 2014
- Five Green daybeds to curl up in comfort - July 16, 2014
- Goal Zero Lighthouse250 Lantern powers gadgets too - June 25, 2014
- Star Trek-themed palatial home in Florida for grabs at $35 million - May 16, 2014