An aerodynamically designed sofa inspired by the exalted Citroën DS automobile
Any auto enthusiast worth his salt would tell you that the Citroën DS as an automobile was well ahead of its time with its iconic futuristic design and self leveling suspension. Evoking those same levels of aerodynamic considerations fused with classiness, we now have the Citroën DS inspired sofa, contrived by none other than the Citroën design center. Fluid in its bearing and exhilarating in its essence, the furniture piece does successfully translate the modernistic demeanor of the automobile it is influenced by.
The metallic sheen of the sofa can be directly attributed to the the original car’s bodywork. The support underneath this shiny form is crafted from cast iron, while the upper seat section is upholstered in luxurious leather. Of course, all of these is bound by a fascinatingly streamlined structure that alludes to the dynamic nature of the whole furniture.
There are also finer details on the sofa that might surprise the auto aficionados among us. One of them entails a DS guilloché engraving worked upon the lower support structure, and highlighted by a bright red outline. So, at the end of the day, it is about the marriage of elegance with aerodynamics that seamlessly presents itself through the deft design of the sofa.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013