Utterly rustic and purely practical – this masterpiece of a chaise longue is actually a DIY contrivance! Crafted from chopped pieces of wood (as we can all see) the entire furniture item was arranged by using conventional mechanical tools like a chain saw, a hand drill, drill bits and a few screws and brackets. However, the best part about the whole conception is that with the relatively high commercial credentials of chopped firewood (be it in our fireplaces or log cabins) makes it easier to obtain the material from local lumberyards. Oh, and before you begin to think on – ‘how can we arrange and craft an entire chaise longue from rough timber pieces?’; we have salvaged a good ole tutorial video from HomeMade Modern (see below), which aptly demonstrates the simple process.
Via: HomeMade Modern
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013
- New York’s costliest condo exhibits its ‘centerpiece’ sculptural staircase - November 23, 2013