The dummies or mannequins are generally used in a garment store to display fancy clothes. But, Kuwaiti designer Al Hamed has used these dummies to create marvelous yet creepy lamps to enlighten the home. Dubbed as ‘Embarakiya,’ these life-sized mannequin lamps are actually a part of floor lamp series by him. Instead of the head, each of the dummy has a lamp.
The dummy lamps wear a traditional Kuwaiti dress and the lamp shade is made of the fabric that is used to make the headdress. There is a sensor in one of the hands of each lamp with three dimmer settings. As soon as you shake hands with the mannequin, the lamp glows. These lamps will look great in any room of your home, but are definitely not suitable for the faint-hearted.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- The Infinito is a modular seating system that is comfortable and can adapt to your needs - December 5, 2013
- Sublimation speaker by Kebei Li is a redesign of Beo Play A9 - December 4, 2013
- Custom Felted Cat Bed provides cozy place for your kitty to sleep - December 3, 2013
- Goldee Smart Light Switch controls the ambient light levels and also the hue of light - December 1, 2013
- Giant Cat Couch By Unfold is a massive cat sculpture - November 30, 2013