The dummies or mannequins are generally used in a garment store to display fancy clothes. But, Kuwaiti designer Al Hamed has used these dummies to create marvelous yet creepy lamps to enlighten the home. Dubbed as ‘Embarakiya,’ these life-sized mannequin lamps are actually a part of floor lamp series by him. Instead of the head, each of the dummy has a lamp.
The dummy lamps wear a traditional Kuwaiti dress and the lamp shade is made of the fabric that is used to make the headdress. There is a sensor in one of the hands of each lamp with three dimmer settings. As soon as you shake hands with the mannequin, the lamp glows. These lamps will look great in any room of your home, but are definitely not suitable for the faint-hearted.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- BentGrass air filter cleans air, emits natural scents - April 24, 2014
- Protrude tray will extend beyond the table but never fall off - April 22, 2014
- Light from YOY studio casts a lamp shade silhouette on the wall - April 21, 2014
- Superlambi Chair is smart multipurpose furniture unit for small apartments - April 21, 2014
- Lui Cat Scratcher by Modko makes lounging and scratching so much fun - April 19, 2014