The dummies or mannequins are generally used in a garment store to display fancy clothes. But, Kuwaiti designer Al Hamed has used these dummies to create marvelous yet creepy lamps to enlighten the home. Dubbed as ‘Embarakiya,’ these life-sized mannequin lamps are actually a part of floor lamp series by him. Instead of the head, each of the dummy has a lamp.
The dummy lamps wear a traditional Kuwaiti dress and the lamp shade is made of the fabric that is used to make the headdress. There is a sensor in one of the hands of each lamp with three dimmer settings. As soon as you shake hands with the mannequin, the lamp glows. These lamps will look great in any room of your home, but are definitely not suitable for the faint-hearted.
Latest posts by Garima (see all)
- Iota Folding Toilet is an efficient solution for saving space and water - March 12, 2014
- Plune Lamp adds a magical touch to your interiors with its glow - March 11, 2014
- Lampo Motion from Milano Bedding is a stylish sofa bed with electric motion - March 7, 2014
- Transforming furniture turns 60sqm space into a five-room apartment - March 5, 2014
- Give your walls an artistic insulation using Ginkgo acoustic panels by Stone Designs - March 4, 2014