This time of the year streets, malls, homes and other public spaces are dressed with amazing Christmas decorations. Lighting houses with decorative lights is an eye-chilling Christmas tradition followed by people for years. Thousands of light decoration and DIY lighting ideas can be found online, but this DIY cloud lamp by Linda and Caro of a German blog is a surprising addition in home décor.
They have posted detailed instructions and requirements for glowing cloud project at their official website. If you are interested in making the same cloud lamp then, we have summed up all the instructions for understanding the DIY easily.
You will need
- Hanging white pendant lamp
- Two smaller Styrofoam balls (12cm)
- Snowflakes Christmas Lights
- LED light chain for “storm” effect
- Small screw hooks with fitting dowels
- Hot glue gun
- Nylon thread
- Thin and transparent cable ties
Follow these steps
- Affix screw hooks to polystyrene balls so that the DIY cloud light can be hanged easily to ceilings.
- Keep screw hooks in the roof-facing direction and glue up the balls on each side.
- Attach a strand of LED lights all over the hanging pendant light.
- Take small pieces of cotton and put on all around the lamp using the hot glue gun. When complete, ensure that all areas are covered with cotton. Do an illumination test by holding a flashlight inside the lamp.
- One can add a star or snowflake-shaped ornamental LED strings under the cotton cloud light fixture.
- Use cable fixers for securing the light strings to inner supports of the lamp, and hide the cable under the cotton wool.
- For powering it through main supply, put an adapter inside the lamp and wrap up its wires to the LED string.
- Finally, the DIY cloud lamp is ready but more styling can be done using cotton wool.
If these instructions are followed properly, one can create an illuminating cloud easily. Whether it is installed inside your home or placed in front of the yard, it bringing unique festive feel in homes. Just arrange all the required things and follow above-mentioned techniques for crafting a unique DIY cloud lamp.
Follow Homecrux on Google News!