DIYs are fun and there is hardly anything that you cannot make at home with ingredients at hand; you might have to go foraging for some. If you are a fan of scented candles and live in the mountains, you can easily create a pine-scented candle just like I did. The Himalayas are a great place to live in, for they give me the advantage to share crafts using locally sourced materials and local fragrances.
Incredibly easy and affordable, this DIY pine-scented candle is a treat to your olfactory. It will have your home smelling like fresh pine needles whenever you want. You only need a handful of materials to get it done. It also makes a wonderful holiday gift, if you may. So without much ado, let’s see how it’s done.
- Glass container or jar
- Soy wax (colored or plain)
- Cotton candle wick (you can make one at home as well)
- Fresh pine needles (optional)
- Pine essential oil
- A pan and spoon
Making a Pine-Scented Candle at Home
- Put a pan on medium heat and dump the wax inside to melt
- Stir the content as it melts
- Once the wax melts, add a few pine needles and let it simmer for a minute. Remove the pine needles from the pan and pour some drops of pine essential oil into the solution
- Let the wax cool a little but not too much or you will have to melt it again
- Then place the wick inside your choice of a glass container and pour in the wax
- You can adorn the jar sides with pine needles if you like
- If you want to gift it, wrap a fancy ribbon outside the jar and your scented candle is ready
Check out the full tutorial video below. I hope you enjoy making a DIY pine-scented candle, let me know how it goes. Happy scentscaping, folks!
Follow Homecrux on Google News!