Hocus Pocus is a cult classic for Halloween. I mean, who doesn’t love the Sanderson Sisters and their evil plot to enslave humanity? And the quotes of the movie are just fabulous, so we created a “Bunch of Hocus Pocus” pumpkin carving idea for you to steal this spooky season. Simply empty the pumpkin, scribble the quote, and carve it with a knife or carving tools. Let’s see the instructions:
- Ripe pumpkin
- Spoon or ladle
- String lights
Hocus Pocus Pumpkin Carving Tutorial for Halloween
- Make a hole at the top of the pumpkin. Trace a circle with the knife, which will help you stay on point while carving the hole
- Then empty the innards using a sharp spoon. Ensure that you scrape every last bit of sticky pulp, seeds, and fibrous strands. This is a messy part but worth it so don’t skim on it
- Set it on a plate or flat surface and begin drawing the letters, or the quote that you want to carve
- While carving the letter, be extra careful of the slipping knife, and don’t nick yourself. You can always use carving tools if you have them, but for beginners without any tools, a knife does the trick with a little bit of effort
- You can peel the pumpkin skin or entirely carve the letters
- Once your quote is etched onto the pumpkin, it is time to put string lights inside through the hole at the top
Extra tip: It may be better if you simply carve the letters rather than merely peeling the skin off. I only carved the surface and the lights didn’t shine as much, so learned from my mistake.
Follow the full tutorial below:
Follow Homecrux on Google News!