Tim Burton is the master filmmaker with The Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Alice in Wonderland, and many other critically acclaimed titles to his name. And who could forget his masterpiece The Nightmare Before Christmas? He brought us the iconic Jack Skellington, Sally, and Oogie Boogie. These characters from the 1993 movie have found a permanent place in people’s hearts and the Halloween decorations alike. Honoring the love for Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, I decided to transform a vintage lantern into Jack Skellington Tealight Holder for Halloween this year.
It may seem like something complex but it was as easy as making pancakes. I used a simple lantern from a local store and waited for the spells to take over. Follow the instructions below, you can learn how to turn an old lantern into a Jack Skellington Halloween lantern.
- Tealight holder lantern
- Black paint
- Jack Skellington printouts
How to Make a Jack Skellington Halloween Lantern
- Take a vintage lantern and paint it black, leave the glass panels untouched
- Measure the glass panels. Download Jack Skellington artworks in different poses. Measure them half a centimeter shorter on each side than the measurements of the glass panels
- Remove the panels. Tape each cutout on the inside of the panels and put them back inside the lantern
- Now place a tealight inside and add the Jack Skellington lantern to your Halloween ensemble
And there you have it. Watch the video tutorial below. If you recreate this DIY Halloween Jack Skellington lantern, let us know how it turned out in the video below.
Follow Homecrux on Google News!