There are different ways one can create a DIY/upcyle design. All have unique visions to upcycle any unused material for a completely new and different utility at homes. You have previously seen the Drum kit chandelier by Matt Ludwig, an innovative upcyle design that got overwhelming response online. This time an Instructables user [Icabod] designed a spectacular chandelier from a drum set to fulfill the wish of his wife. If, you also have some old instruments at home and have the zeal & DIY perception to make a drum set chandelier for yourself, then you can follow these instructions for assistance.
- At the start, you need three evenly spaced arms that have enough space for wiring and you can connect them to the drums. A microphone tripod base is ideal, because it has required space and looks for using as a connector between drums.
- Drill a hole in the mic stand for attaching a central arm which is meant for internal wiring, & mounting it to the ceiling.
- Then, interconnect the tripod stand with all drum toms and cymbal.
- Thereafter, you need to attach kick drum with central rod using pipe flanges and L-brackets.
- For attaching lights in the drums, use plumbing fittings. Drill holes in tom arms and mount them with 6-32 screws.
- At last, you need to cleanse and polish the cymbal so that it illuminates the space brightly. Attach lighting and mount it to the central rod.
- Finally, your drum set chandelier is ready, and you need to hang it using ceiling fan hardware. You can use a ladder or a raised platform for safely hanging the chandelier to the ceiling.
For sure, making a drum set chandelier is not an easy task. You need a designer’s mind to elegantly mount all parts together for an extraordinary creation. You can see the full description of the project on Instructables.
For music lovers, it is a great inspiration and idea to utilize unused musical items for decorating home distinctively. It could be a guitar or any other instrument that can be converted into a functional décor piece.