What if you could trick or treat kids with Salacious Crumb cake instead of candies this Halloween? We always give candies to kids , let’s try something new this year and what better than Salacious Crumb, the sidekick of galaxy’s most notorious criminal empire, Jabba the Hutt.
The cupcakes will not only make Halloween interesting but might also label you as the most creative lady in the block. If you are convinced, read on for the process of creating Salacious Crumb Cake.
Crumb Cake ingredients:
- Two cups of cake flour
- One cup all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (One stick) unsalted butter
- One cup sugar
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla
- One cup heavy cream
- One cup light brown sugar
- Two teaspoons cinnamon
For making Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Eight ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- One cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
For Salacious Face:
- Six ounces peanut butter candy melts
- Yellow icing
- Black icing
- Brown icing
- First, preheat the oven to 350-degrees and prepare cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set it aside for sometime to settle.
- In a bowl mix cream, butter and sugar. Once mixed add eggs and vanilla and mix again. You can also use electric mixer for the same.
- For filling, stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon and reserve the 1/3 of the mixture for the topping.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes depending upon the oven. If baked let it cool on wire rack.
- Now melt peanut butter candy, according to package directions, then pour into a piping bag. Place a piece of parchment onto a cookie sheet and pipe the candy melts into a 4-inch long banana shape, this will act as Salacious ears. Place the banana shaped-ears into freezer for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- While the ears are setting, it is time for frosting. In a bowl beat together cream cheese and butter, while mixing slowly add sugar, salt and vanilla. Turn the mixer onto high until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting in triangle shape on top of the cooled cupcake to form Salacious Crumb’s head shape.
- Now, in a cake crumble up four cakes along with the reserved filling mixture. Sprinkle that on top of the frosted cakes.
- To make the face, pipe yellow icing with a #3 tip to make eyes, for pupil #2 tip with black icing and #5 tip to create the beak.
- Now add the ears to both sides. To finish add eyebrows, mouth and hair details using brown frosting with a #3 tip.
Salacious Crumb cupcakes are ready to be served.
Whether hosting themed-birthday party or preparing for trick or treat, the Salacious Crumb cupcakes will surely be a fresh idea to celebrate Halloween.