Concrete it seems has finally made its foray as a credible material used for home decor items. Previously we have come across pendant lamps and ping-pong tables made from this sturdy composition. And, now we remarkably have beer bottles coated with layers of ‘left-over’ concrete. In a startling turn of events, Hungarian design team Remember The Lion stumbled across this novelty of product design, when they dipped their beer bottles in surplus concrete during a house renovation project!
And, once they noticed the uniqueness of the outer texture, they started experimenting with the project. The end result was an elegantly ‘rustic’ albeit accidental solid layer that alludes to the heavyweight nature of concrete. On closer inspection we can actually see the intrinsic roughness of the material juxtaposed over the originally symmetrical forms of the bottles.
Now, we are not sure if the bottles have to be bought separately or with the beer (which would be remarkable). However, the odd yet surprisingly enticing combination of solid concrete over transparent glass certainly tickles our booze fueled fancy.
Latest posts by Dattatreya (see all)
- VERSI Docker/Stand exhibits its industrial essence with functional features - December 24, 2013
- Bread from Scratch symbolizes the value of basic food production - November 26, 2013
- Mira Schroder’s Workbed combines a work desk and a resting bed - November 25, 2013
- A Chinese farmer successfully cultivates his roof top farm - November 25, 2013
- Ocean front hacienda in Mexico comes with $10,000 per night tag - November 25, 2013