Christmas tree is, most certainly, the focal point of the festive decorations. They have the capability to transform a mere cabin into a winter wonderland that everyone adores. This is the reason most people spend most time setting up a stunning Christmas tree.
Decorating Christmas tree is a fun activity that brings together all family members. However, putting up a tree that stands out from the rest does require some serious efforts, creativity, forethought planning and eye for detail. You can always go for readymade Christmas decorations, but making your own decorative from discarded material will give you immense satisfaction.
While decorating a Christmas tree, ornaments are not the only thing you need to consider. You also need to look at the color combinations, placement of decorations, and other aesthetic properties. All is upon your creativity and imagination – you can present a simple walnut or paper in a truly attractive way.
If you think it’s time to switch it up from the old Christmas decorations, you are in the right place. Read on this guide on decorating a perfect Christmas tree.
We have listed some useful Christmas tree decorating tips that will set your home into the holiday spirit.
- The type of Christmas tree, whether artificial, evergreen or homemade, decides so much about the suitable decorations.
- Avoid abundance of decorations. Keep your Christmas tree simple as it is the new trend.
- Combine real trees with artificial decorations to get the best results.
- Arrangement of ornaments is very important. It is recommended to display your favorites at prime positions of a Christmas tree.
- Whether tucked into a corner placed or against a wall, the position of Christmas tree plays an important role.
- Make proper use of garlands, tulle, tinsel, ribbon, baubles, and Christmas toys to add a festive charm to your tree.
- Take help from all your family members. Kids can come up with innovative ideas.
- Consider the safety of your kids before involving them in decorating a Christmas tree. Be on the safe side by using no-toxic materials and unbreakable ornaments.
- You should choose the color scheme carefully. The decorations should match the tree and your interiors as well. Red and green are the main colors; however, they might not complement every color.
- It is good to include metallic details.
- Don’t forget to make use of natural objects like pine cones, twigs, stones, etc. in Christmas tree decoration.
- There are unlimited ways to decorate a Christmas tree, but it is better to not mix up different ideas and themes!
- Put on the lights first and distribute evenly to enhance the looks. It’s better to arrange the lights starting from the top to bottom.
- Keep wires and cords from lights out of sight.
- Showcase photographs to revive your memories back.
- Flock Christmas tree for a mesmerizing snowy effect.
- Add some festive signs and letters to make it meaningful.
- Beautify the base or stand of your Christmas tree with a decorative skirt. Christmas tree skirts help keep the clutter of wires out of sight, making it look much cleaner and tidier.
- Crowning your Christmas tree with an eye-catchy tree topper is a must. You have to make sure that it doesn’t topple off.
- If possible, use more than one Christmas tree – one for the patio, one in the playroom (make sure it’s kids and pet-safe), and the final one in the living room or kitchen.
- Do something unique by going contrary to the tradition. For example, make pineapple or ladder Christmas trees.
- Don’t hesitate to experiment! Give your Christmas tree a personal touch by hanging homemade ornaments.
Follow Homecrux on Google News!