Crosley, the Louisville-based electronics company, has collaborated with Moore & Giles, suppliers and makers of quality leather products, to create two limited edition hi-fi turntables with inlaid details of leather and wood. Crosley’s c10 turntable is converted into Commonwealth Collection which is a combination of convention and innovation. The collaborative project is creating only twenty units of each turntable, and all units have laser-etched art along with their corresponding numbers.
The platter mat of Commonwealth Collection is styled with Italian leather; the first version is furnished with refined black calfskin, and other showcases textured vegetable tanned English bull hide. Topographical maps of both brand’s homes (situated in Lynchburg, Virginia and Louisville, Kentucky) are laser-etched into the leather. Both versions beautifully make use of Italian leather with fine color and texture, while quality and performance of c10 turntable remain unchanged.
One version of Commonwealth Collection is made from birch wood with vegetable tanned leather named Modern Saddle. You can also expect Modern Saddle to gradually change its original golden color to a rich shade of dark caramel. The other version is finished with mahogany and sophisticating black calfskin. Over time, the matte black color will also shine elegantly.
- Plinths are made with audio-grade MDF encased with quality birch or mahogany veneer.
- Belt-driven turntable plays 33 1/3 & 45 RPM speeds
- Six-inch aluminum tonearm with sapphire bearings and adaptable counterweight
- Pre-mounted Ortofon OM5e cartridge.
- User-replaceable phono cartridge for a customized listening experience
- Superb output with low vibration synchronous motor and shock absorbent feet
- Dimensions – 20 x 10 x 16-inches
Turntables are great for quickly listening to your traditional vinyl records, and these limited edition leather turntables combine classic design with modern styling elements to serve as a hi-fi audio system at homes. If you liked the Commonwealth Collection, then preorder them for $840 each at Moore & Giles.
Source: Moore & Giles