Who says you can’t involve your kids in holiday decorations? There are numerous DIY Christmas crafts that can have your kids wanting to join in with gusto and regardless of the end result, it is a great way to nourish the creative curiosity of growing kids and to spend some quality time together. Isn’t that what Christmas is all about? So create this pom pom Christmas wreath this holiday season with your kids and allow them to nurture their festive spirit.
- Grapevine wreath base
- Yarn or big pom poms – green, red, white
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap ribbon
DIY Pom Pom Christmas Wreath
- You can use store-bought pom poms in red, green, and white color. I have, however, created my own pom poms using knitting yarn in the abovementioned colors
- To make pom poms, you need to make a thick skein around your palm, remove it, and tie it in the middle tightly
- Once the skein is nicely secured in the middle, cut through both loops to make a bunch of yarn. Fluff it and trim the excess threads to make a nice round yarn ball
- Repeat the process to make as many pom poms as you need, using different colored yarn, for your wreath
- Next, begin gluing these pom poms randomly or in a pattern onto the base
- I left some portion of the wreath empty and added a twisted burlap ribbon there for additional substance
And that’s it! Your DIY wreath is ready to go up where you like it in the house. Check out the detailed instructions in the video tutorial below and let me know how it came out for you.
Follow Homecrux on Google News!