Whether you are a geek or an avid traveler, if you are looking for a luxury getaway that doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket, you should turn to the world’s first traveling 5G hotel. Oppo, the smartphone brand, to provide a glimpse of what’s possible with 5G, has transformed a 40 ft. shipping container into a luxurious 5G-powered hotel in Australia.
With a matte black exterior and minimalistic interior details, this one-bedroom suite is not only classy and sophisticated but also satisfactory for the geek in you.
The hotel room is powered by Oppo’s Reno smartphone running 5G network. The state-of-the-art tech will let the occupants enjoy 5G cloud gaming, buffer-free streaming, a range of immersive AR apps and many advanced smart home features like the smart mirror.
Though the structure looks compact, it is comfortable and futuristic. It features ensuit with shower and toilet and has a reverse split air conditioner to keep matters cool through the heated gaming sessions.
According to Michael Tran, OPPO Australia Managing Director,
Aussies are excited for the arrival of 5G, so we’ve built the ultimate live-in experience for consumers to be able to fully immerse themselves in the advancements and innovations that come with the network.
The Hotel lets You:
- Game anywhere: You can play video games anywhere in the hotel given the high powered tech and blistering internet speeds on-board
- Relish buffer-free entertainment: You can binge watch your favorite shows without any internet glitch. Download movies or games or play endless online, nothing will interfere the speed
- Stay dated with the mirror: The smart mirror has to be a perk in this space – it can stream news, shows and click you perfect selfies
- Do things without the hands: The Reno 5G smartphone is connected to Google Home Hub to let occupants control lighting and music with just their voice. You don’t have to use your hands, you can just sit back and relax through your stay
- Play with your wardrobe: The AR apps help guests in many tasks such as demonstrating the outfits in a visual AR runway
You can spend a night at the Oppo 5G hotel for $150 a night, it can only be rented for two nights in a row.
The shipping container hotel will be traveling through Australia for the next six months. Currently, it’s at the Byron Bay the Gold Coast’s Home of the Arts. It will be here until the end of August.
If you want to experience living in this unique, super high tech 40 ft. shipping container or the world’s first 5G hotel; Oppo is taking expressions of interest for bookings as it travels across Australia. Submit your expression of interest here.