Discovery first revealed its Food Network Kitchen subscription service at Amazon’s 2019 hardware event last month. The American television network has now announced that its direct-to-consumer platform is available in the US.
The plan to offer home cooks live cooking classes with famous chefs is now available on Amazon Alexa and Echo Show, Fire Tablets, Fire TV streaming media devices and Fire TV Edition smart TVs, as well as Apple iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android mobile devices. More platforms and devices will be added in 2020.
Under a three-year pact with Amazon, Food Network Kitchen will be integrated with Amazon Alexa voice assistant to provide hands-free control.
The Food Network Kitchen will feature 25 live and interactive classes each week and provide grocery ordering and delivery from the app. Subscribers will be able to communicate with chefs in real-time, which will allow the former to understand cooking processes easily.
Below are some highlights of the Food Network Kitchen subscription service:
- On-demand cooking classes – including 500 beginner classes, 395 international cuisine classes, and 75 family-friendly classes
- Home delivery of ingredients used in classes, recipes, instructional videos and shows
- Step-by-step instructional videos
- Advanced search options
- Curated selection of Food Network shows, with corresponding recipes, ingredients and home delivery of ingredients.
- Thousands of trusted recipes and videos, with corresponding ingredients and home delivery of ingredients
- Access to top Food Network talent and culinary experts including Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, Giada De Laurentiis, Guy Fieri, Martha Stewart, Alton Brown, Ina Garten, Andrew Zimmern, Ree Drummond, Daniel Boulud, Valerie Bertinelli, Sunny Anderson, Jonathan Waxman, Molly Yeh, Nancy Silverton, JJ Johnson and many more
Also Read: How Food Delivery Services are Changing Our Eating Habits & Lifestyle
During the launch period, Food Network Kitchen is offering a 90-day free trial, along with a limited time discounted price of $47.99/year ($4.00/month).