Upcycling old holiday decorative items is a satisfactory task. This year I turned one of my earlier creations – a pinecone wreath made for fall decorations last year – into a gorgeous Christmas Village wreath. You can use a pinecone wreath base (old or new) along with fairy lights, Styrofoam pieces, miniature houses, miniature trees, red berries or ornaments, and tinsel garland for the build. Read on to learn how to make this easy DIY Christmas village wreath that’s fairly light on the pocket yet adds a whimsical charm to your holiday decorations.
- Wreath Base (Upcycled pinecone wreath)
- Green tinsel garland
- Fairy lights
- Miniature houses
- Miniature trees
- Red berries
How to Make a DIY Christmas Village Wreath
- Whatever wreath base you choose, whether it’s an old wreath that you are upcycling or a new one, cover it with green tinsel garland to give it a fuller and merry look
- Then add a Styrofoam piece at the center of the base, aligning with the hanging string on top
- Partially cover the Styrofoam with tinsel and wrap the fairy lights around the wreath, focusing the majority around the landscape you are setting
- Next glue miniature houses and trees sporadically on the Styrofoam
- Now, add red berries or ornaments around the wreath to give it a vivacious color contrast
And you’re done! Your DIY Christmas village wreath is ready to elevate your holiday decorations. Let us know if you try this at home and share the results with us. Follow the video tutorial below to create with me:
Follow Homecrux on Google News!