Popsicles have such a great decorative potential that we have just begun to tap. They have become a DIY staple due to their infinite craft possibilities. Given their versatility, I thought why not create something Christmassy? So I made popsicle stick Christmas tree ornaments to go with my faux tree.
You won’t believe how easy these DIY popsicle stick Christmas tree ornaments are to make. All you need is a handful of sticks, a hot glue gun, some thread, and sparkle. So let’s create some magic.
Also Read: DIY Christmas Tree Ornament Ideas
- Seven popsicle sticks per tree
- Hot glue gun
Steps to Make Popsicle Stick Tree Ornaments
- Place six popsicle sticks horizontally in a line and draw slanting lines on both sides using the seventh stick as a ruler
- The idea is to cut on the lines to create a tree shape
- Then, glue the six sticks you’ve cut, on the event one, in an ascending order to form a tree shape. Be sure to leave a little space between each stick
- Once the shape is done, you can paint it or apply white glue and sprinkle some sparkle over it
- Add a cutout star from sparkling paper on the top and glue a thread loop at the back of the star to hang the ornament
- Your tree shaped popsicle stick Christmas ornament is ready. You can make as many as you want and hang them over your faux tree. They can also be used in a garland to adorn your fireplace mantel, windows, or doors
Follow Homecrux on Google News!