CHRISTMAS DECORATION IDEAS 2022
It won’t be long before Santa makes his way down your chimney. So, get ready to welcome him in a home looking Christmassy. Christmas is all about twinkling lights and back-to-back parties, and you need to be prepared for it beforehand. Here on this page, you will find the best Christmas decoration, gifts, and food ideas you’ll need to spread good cheers and bid adieu to the holiday season in high spirits. Merry Christmas 2022! Read More »
The caroling season is upon us and nothing gives season’s greetings like a beautiful, welcoming wreath…
Holiday crafts are the best way to upcycle waste materials and decorative items lying around the…
Patience, perseverance, and a whole lot of dedication is what it takes to build a Christmas…
The fresh pine scent around Christmas has become a staple fragrance and is a favorite among…
Popsicles have such a great decorative potential that we have just begun to tap. They have…
Make the Christmas countdown more exciting with some cool advent calendars for kids. An advent calendar…
No matter how you decorate your home for Christmas – whether using a real conifer or…
Lighting candles on Christmas Eve is an old tradition. The custom has been updated with the…
Christmas is a season that unites family, friends, and even foes. The joy of meeting family…
The holiday season is in full swing, which means you would have already begun decorating your…
It’s that time of the year again when the wintry sun is in a hurry to set and let the long, cold night play its magic by veiling the entire surroundings in a white layer of frost. Sub-zero temperatures and cold winds don’t feel so cold because they carry the warmth of celebration and happiness with them. The festivities are right here. Christmas trees decked in beautiful ornaments, neighborhoods lit in festive lighting, stores filled with Christmas presents, it’s just a matter of time before the festive tunes start echoing all around.
From Thanksgiving Day to Black Friday to Christmas, the holiday season is all about celebration, laughs, happiness, and good cheers. The celebration reaches a pinnacle when you are surrounded by your family and friends because we believe home is the best place to celebrate the holidays. If you are planning to have a blockbuster celebration, and not sure where to start, make a list of things you want to do for a bright Christmas celebration with Christmas decorations on top of the list.
Whether planning to drape your deck in retro colors or trying to get extravagant with modern home accessories, get in the holiday spirit with practical Christmas decoration ideas for indoors and outdoors and make your home look its best.
The true meaning of Christmas is much more than just celebration and tradition – it’s about giving, spreading love and happiness. And, sharing is not limited to those who we love and care for. It is also about people who make you what you are. Because it’s time to be grateful for those who brought happiness and a smile to your face. However, the pursuit of gratefulness may bring with it holiday stress and make you forget the true meaning of the holiday: happiness, fun, and joy.
So how can we rake in all the excitement without being impolite? One way is to think of holiday and Christmas decoration ideas as fun — something to be enjoyed as much as the festival itself. Anticipation of good things and holiday happiness is where all the festive feelings begin. This is important because we can create good experiences only when we feel happy and excited.
Hence, indulge yourself in festive decorations and see your imaginations taking shape in the form of the beautiful lights that brighten up your home and neighborhood during the dark season. Doors, windows, and porches shine bright with strings of lights and candle arches, while dark corners of the living room look great in Santa stockings, poinsettias, Christmas tree ornament, and figurines. If you also want to create your own little winter wonderland to make Christmas even more festive and fun, start your preparations right now.
However, preparation and decoration are a lot more than just planning. It’s also about getting in high spirits and welcome the excitement that’s about to come our way and extending that joy and happiness to others.
At Homecrux, we want to make sure you get the best recommendations when you search for Christmas decorations ideas online. This page displays the closest matches for your search query. With thousands of unique décor ideas and options available, we have strived hard to curate a list of best ideas and suggestions that suit your home and lifestyle. From easy DIY crafts and design inspirations to unique Christmas trees and gifts, our collection has it all.
Here are a few tips and suggestions to decorate your home for Christmas:Christmas – the name itself marks joy and happiness. If you are planning to give a complete Christmas makeover to your home for a festive look, you can start with:
- Christmas tree: Christmas tree forms an important part of the Christmas decorations because it is a symbol of the renewal of life during darkness and adverse conditions. Bristle-like tips of dark green needles make for a timeless look that adds holiday appeal to any room.
- Tree ornaments: Colored balls of different shapes and sizes can be used as ornaments for Christmas tree decorations.
- Snowflakes: Snowflakes look great in outdoors. You can use snowflake ornaments, cotton snow, and tin icicles to decorate your indoor or outdoor Christmas tree, seating area, or Christmas party table.
- Christmas lights: This doesn’t need much explanation. You can use an abundance of string lights across the front door, porch, lawn, and living and bedroom to illuminate the entire place in a warm and ambient light.
- Scented candles: Scented candles not only illuminate the house in ambient light but also stimulate the jolly spirit of the season by spreading a sweet aroma.
- Mantles: Beautifully decorated mantles look elegant in Santa stockings and Advent calendars and prove to be good decoration items.
- Stockings: Stockings are a beautiful Christmas accessory that comes in beautiful shapes and sizes perfect to be hung around the Christmas tree or mantle to represent hope and good luck.
- Figurines: You can keep a reindeer, raffia bow, snowman, elf, and a moose family along with pinecones and twig garland to create a beautiful Christmas display.
- Poinsettia: Poinsettia is a traditional star-shaped beautiful Christmas flower. It is used during the Christmas festival for its holy and cheery spirit. You can place a bunch of Poinsettia on the porch or the hallway.
- Wreaths and garlands: Wreaths and garlands are the traditional forms of Christmas decorations. They look great on the front door and are placed to welcome the guests.
- Santa sled: Santa Claus is the first figure that comes to our mind when we think of Christmas. You can put up a cardboard Santa dressed in cherry red sitting in a DIY wooden sled. This large outdoor Christmas decoration will attract the attention of passersby.
CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATION IDEAS
Christmas tree brings with it an air of festivity. Be it green needles, tinsels, or ornaments hanging from its branches, the Christmas tree is one of the most essential parts of Christmas decoctions. Christmas tree has been part of our culture and celebration for ages. Evergreen trees were used to celebrate the winter season before the birth of Christ. However, it was not exclusive to the Christmas celebration back then. It became a vital part of the Christmas celebration when the world’s first decorated Christmas tree was erected in Riga, Latvia in 1510. Since then, the tradition of erecting and decorating a Christmas tree in beautiful colors and ornaments has found its way into our culture.
Decorating a tree has become the best part of the Christmas celebration, lately. Every year, about 25-30 million real Christmas trees are sold in the US alone. This shows millions of people across the globe bring home a Christmas tree every year and put together a beautiful show to welcome the white-bearded oldie carrying a sack full of gifts into their home.
Some interesting facts about Christmas tree:
- First decorated Christmas tree was erected in Riga, Latvia back in 1510
- The tradition of using small candles to light a Christmas tree dates back to the 17th century
- The first use of the term ‘Christmas tree’ in English was in 1835
- Thomas Edison’s assistant, Edward Johnson, devised the idea of electric lights for Christmas trees in 1882
- Christmas tree lights were first mass-produced in 1890
- In 1856, Franklin Pierce, the 14th President of the United States, was the first President to place a Christmas tree in the White House
- Teddy Roosevelt banned the Christmas tree from the White House for environmental reasons
- Since 1966, the National Christmas Tree Association has given a Christmas tree to the President and first family for display in the Blue Room
- 33-36 million Christmas trees are produced in America, while 50-60 million in Europe each year
- As per Statisticbrain, about 35 million Christmas trees are cut each year
- About 73 million new Christmas trees are planted every year
- According to the National Christmas Tree Association, about 350 million real Christmas trees are currently growing on Christmas Tree farms in the US alone
- Christmas trees are a crop, grown specifically for the market, and are not harvested from wild forests
- Origin of artificial Christmas trees dates back to the 19th century in Germany. Later, they became popular in the US
- Back then, artificial trees were made using goose feathers dyed green and attached to wire branches. The wire branches were then wrapped around a rod that acted as the trunk.